Friday, December 15, 2006

How Did We Get Here?

I needed a change. I started this blog originally for reasons I still can't thumb down. I liked the potential for an online journal, and while I've had plenty of experiences to tell stories on here for the next number of years, my first array of blog entries were quite varied and while entertaining to me and my "close-personals," somewhat meaningless in basic value. I don't mean monetarily, but it felt slightly unfulfilling to me to seek the subject matter I was covering. While flopping around the bevy of blogs out there, I found just what I was looking for, in more ways than one.

It's very easy to spend countless hours online, either during work or after, plodding through the various number of blogs out there. As long as a blog is being updated regularly and it's interesting to you, the blogs actual popularity doesn't matter at all. So what did I want to scribe about? A sports related blog? Something politically motivated? Two subjects I love, but two that I don't get to pay the attention I'd like to them. Why not? A-ha! It hit me as I stumbled on Steve Pavlina's blog on personal development (definitely must-bookmark material) : with all the blogs written by successful people telling you how they got there, why not a running commentary from a guy working towards getting there? The trials and tribulations. The obstacles and opportunities. All of it.

For those of you reading that don't know me personally (which will outnumber the ones reading that do,) I started with a network marketing/private franchise business about two years ago. I'll save telling you which one for, probably ever, just because I don't want to debate my particular marketing corporation nor do I want this to be a "recruiting" blog. If you happen to be looking for an opportunity in network marketing you're welcome to get in contact with me to find out what I'm doing, but that isn't the focus of this blog. Anyway, I started the business for a number of reasons, namely my distaste for being under someone elses thumb. Also being married (and now having a kid,) I really prefer to spend my time with my wife than at work. Some of the best fun I've had in my life was when I was working for myself in my early 20's. My wife and I were together all the time and I wanted to get back to that. Also, I understand that just working a job in this Country's economic system just won't cut it. Not for me and not for my family. No one else in my family was financially well off so I was glad to chase it. Lastly, I like toys that cost more than working most jobs can afford. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

So far, we've had some success. Not as much as we wanted at this point, and not as much as we will have. Our business is growing and most importantly, we're growing. I believe that involving yourself in personal development is vital in becoming successful in any arena. I read constantly, as well as listening to instructional/motivational CD's and I'm always looking for information that will help me grow. Here is where you will see that process. I'll revisit some old me too, just to give you an idea about who I was, but you'll also see some thought processes . There are basic tenets to success and if you've read success books, then you are familiar with them. Now you will have something you can benchmark and hopefully it's beneficial to you. I may say some things you haven't heard before. I may reference some authors you haven't read before. Hopefully you'll get it all. So what are we waiting for? Let's get it on!

No comments: