Monday, December 12, 2005

Please don't suck - movies galore (part 1)

Has there ever been a time in recent history, where we have been slated for such an impact of awesome movies? Over the year we are expecting to be bombarded with everything that should ever be made into a movie, and some things that may have been movies in the past, but are now better.

First off, I've never read Chronicles of Narnia. I don't know how this escaped my childhood, but considering my fantasy was more based on stretching present and future reality with comic books and Star Wars, I didn't spend much time in midevil/past reality incantations or books longer than 17 pages. Thus, I've never read any Narnia books, nor have I read the LotR (is that how it's shortened?) books, though I must say the "Rings" movies rocked. That is why I will be at Narnia on opening night, albeit the late late show (explanation of why I'm going for free is pending.) Minotaurs, centaurs, talking lions and other crazy human/animal combo's gets my butt in a theater every time. Every...time.

Speaking of LotR, Peter Jackson is directing King Kong, right? So I hope this means we don't get the lunchbox of crap that was Godzilla. Matthew Broderick is a lot of things, but an action hero is not one of them (not even for kids - see: Inspector Gadget. Actually don't see it.) We'll find out how Adrien Brody fares. Btw, is it just me, or is he a shoe in for the Scarecrow if they ever remake The Wizard of Oz? Anyway, I'll probably see King Kong at least twice simply because I've been told there is a trailer for another eagerly awaited flick before it starts. Yep, I'm that geek.

Staying with the primate theme, Curious George comes out early next year. Although it's not live action, I will be there anyway. CG is like, the official book of pediatrician offices everywhere. I think I owned one CG book and read all the rest while waiting to get allergy shots in various doctor's offices. CG > Garfield, and he doesn't bog you down with lame dialogue. 'Nuff said.

Three words: Vampires; werewolves; guns. Underworld: Evolution has them all so count me in. Kate Beckingsale doesn't hurt, either, but I'm a good, married Christian, so I'll leave it at that.

I haven't read the DaVinci Code. I don't care. I will go see it on the strength of Ron Howard plus Tom Hanks. I don't need to read the book. Ron Howard plus Tom Hanks = the book probably owned. It's a simple equation, really.

No comments: